Many people trust manufacturers and fail to read labels for everyday products they use. Toothpaste is one that contains potentially harmful ingredients that can lead to serious long-term health problems. Here is a list of the harmful ingredients:
- SODIUM FLUORIDE. According to the Akron Poison Center, 1/10 oz. of fluoride can kill a 100 lb adult. Ingesting a small amount can cause nausea, vomiting & diarrhea.
- TRICLOSAN. The EPA categorizes it as a pesticide & scientists categorize it as a chlorophenol which is a chemical that causes cancer.
- SODIUM LAUREL SULFATE. Can damage eyes, irritate skin, & lead to labored breathing. Can stay within body for up to 5 days accumulating in heart, liver, lungs & brain. When combined with other chemicals, gets transformed into a powerful carcinogen.
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL. A component in antifreeze. Can be rapidly absorbed through skin & with prolonged contact can lead turban, liver & kidney problems. The EPA only allows its workers to handle with rubber gloves but it is contained in health care products.
- DEA. Disrupts hormones & forms cancer-causing nitrates.