Have you heard that the avocado is being called, “The World’s Most Healthiest Food?” Nutritionists have reported that the avocado has been found to have everything in it that a person needs to survive. It is not only loaded with vitamins and minerals, but it also contains healthy fats and omegas, carotenoids, fiber, and antioxidants. Here are the many reasons to incorporate more avocado into your daily diet:
- Avocados help reduce bad cholesterol & triglycerides in your blood. This lowers your risk for heart disease and stroke.
- Avocados are higher in potassium than bananas and high in magnesium which helps to regulate blood pressure.
- Avocados are rich with fiber and not only speed up digestion but make you feel full so you don’t overeat.
- Avocados help you lose weight.
- Avocados help the body absorb nutrients better from other foods.
- Avocados protect the eyes due to its high content of certain antioxidants for eye health & reduce the risk for cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avocados may help prevent cancer.
- Avocados may help to relieve symptoms of arthritis.
- Avocados can help soothe sunburns and help to reduce wrinkles. (mix avocado, raw honey, and plain yogurt together and slather on the face for about 15 minutes.
Add avocado to salads, smoothies, desserts, onto of rice dishes and more to help improve your overall health!