How do I know if I need to detox?
Symptoms such as unexplained fatigue, skin irritations, slow elimination, allergies, bloating, increased infections, puffy eyes, brain fog and hormonal imbalances. People are subjected to toxins everyday through our food and environment. Detoxification is the best way to rid your body of the toxins and chemical buildup in the body. It involves resting, nourishing and cleansing the body from the inside out. Here are some tips to help detox your body and eliminate toxins in your body:
- When your first wake up, drink a 1/2 liter to a liter of water to start the daily detox process (add a few drops of lemon essential oil if you want to)
- Cut out caffeine, alcohol, refined sugars, saturated fats and processed foods.
- Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione (a liver compound that helps eliminate toxins)
- Drink at least 2 quarts of water a day.
- Increase fiber intake eating foods like: organically grown fruits and vegetables, flaxseed, chia seeds, organic oats, spirulina, organic brown rice, quinoa…
- Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to move through the body.
- Eliminate chemical-based household cleaners and healthcare products. Substitute these items for all natural products or incorporate high-quality essential oils into the household.
- Eliminate stress through exercise, yoga, positive thinking, meditation… Stress can increase toxins in the body.
- Dry brush the skin. (dry brushes can be bought at a health food store or online)
- Exercise daily for 30 to 60 minutes to sweat out toxins.
- Utilize a sauna or hydrotherapy to sweat out toxins (take hot shower for 5 minutes, then switch to cold water for 30 seconds and repeat 2 to 3 times before going to bed).
- Increase antioxidants into the diet, such as using turmeric, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, cacao, berries and caffeine free green teas.