Contrary to popular belief, studies show that milk does NOT do a body good. Dairy has always been recommended through the USDA food pyramid; however, numerous studies have concluded that dairy is actually bad for our health! Clinical studies showed that consuming milk had no benefits for bones and did not improve the integrity of bones in children. Studies also showed that drinking milk does not help prevent osteoporosis and some studies say that the animal protein it contains may actually lead to bone loss.
Here are 7 reasons not to consume dairy in your diet:
- Dairy products contribute large amounts of saturated fats and cholesterol to the diet, which increases risk for heart disease and other serious conditions.
- Consumption of dairy products has also been linked to increased rates of various cancers, especially reproductive, prostate and breast cancers.
- Milk proteins have shown to cause an increase in Type 1 diabetes in children.
- Milk proteins, milk sugar, and saturated fats in dairy products pose health risks for children, such as obesity.
- Dairy has numerous contaminants such as hormones and pesticides that lead to hormone imbalances and cancer.
- Dairy causes digestive disorders in the 75% of people that are lactose intolerant.
- Dairy causes allergies and sinus problems. Patient who were off dairy for 2 weeks saw a big different in sinus issues.
The best prevention for osteoporosis is exercise, decreasing sodium intake, and eating more dark leafy vegetables. Exercise is one of the most effective ways to increase bone density in children and adults. Eat dark leafy greens for your main source of calcium.